This decadent and easy Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake recipe uses only 4 ingredients and can be made in the oven or the slow cooker! Perfect no-fuss dessert!
Dump Cakes are named that way because the ingredients are literally “dumped” into the baking pan. While this Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake recipe adds one extra step, it’s still quick and easy. Plus, it results in a moist and evenly cooked cake! On top of that, it can be made in the oven or the slow cooker.
In addition to being cooked in one pan, this recipe only requires 4-Ingredients! Even better, they are all pantry ingredients. When you are in a pinch, and don’t feel like baking, it’s a perfect last minute dessert.
This Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake is incredibly rich and decadent. So, I recommend smaller servings. But, that also makes it great for feeding a crowd.
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Equipment
As mentioned above, you only need one pan to make this dessert.
For hands off cooking, I like to use my Hamilton Beach slow cooker. Everything can be added to the slow cooker before dinner. When you are done with dinner, dessert will be ready for you. It doesn’t get easier than that!
Or if you are short on time, you can also bake the dump cake in a 9″ x 13″ Baking Dish in the oven.
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Ingredients
For this Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake, you’ll need 4-ingredients:
- 15.25 oz Boxed Cake Mix (I used Pillsbury Funfetti)
- 2 cans, 21 oz each of Pie Filling (I used Cherry)
- 1 stick of Butter (1/2 cup)
- 1 block Cream Cheese (8 oz)
Although, the great thing about this recipe is it can be customized in so many ways! By using a different kind of cake mix, you can make it gluten-free. Or you can make it diary free by using a dairy free cake mix and replacing the butter with equal parts coconut oil.
Alternatively, use a different kind of fruit pie filling. Not only can you change up the fruit, you can reduce the sweetness by using no-sugar added pie filling! Or leave out the cream cheese completely.
For other dump cake ideas, give these a try:
- Lemon Cake Mix, Blueberry Pie Filling (perfect for spring)
- Vanilla Cake Mix, Peach Pie Filling, and 1 tsp Cinnamon (great for summer)
- Spice Cake Mix, Apple Pie Filling, 1 tsp Cinnamon (great for fall)
- Chocolate Cake Mix, Cherry Pie Filling (for a Black Forest style)
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake Preparation
As the name suggests, preparing this cherry cheesecake dump cake couldn’t be easier.
First, spray the bottom of a slow cooker or 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Dump 2 cans of fruit into the pan, and spread the filling into an even layer.
TIP: Canned cherry pie filling may occasionally contain a pit. After adding the pie filling to the pan or slow cooker, carefully inspect the fruit looking for and removing any pits.
Next, cut the cream cheese into 1/2 inch pieces, and evenly distribute the cream cheese on top of the pie filling.
Now, this next step is where I differ from many recipes. I prefer mixing the cake mix with melted butter prior to layering it on top of the fruit as opposed to adding the dry mix on top of the fruit and topping the cake mix with sliced butter. By mixing the cake mix with butter, the ingredients cook more evenly, and you don’t have any uneven dry spots.
Although, you can also slice the butter very thinly and layer on top of the cake mix.
Add the cake mix and butter on top of the fruit and cream cheese.
If cooking in the oven, bake prepared dump cake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until sides are hot and bubbly.
If cooking in a slow cooker, place a clean towel underneath the slow cooker lid. This will prevent any condensation from collecting on the lid and dripping back on top of the cake. Then, cook the prepared dump cake on HIGH for 2 hours, or LOW for 4 hours.
TIP: If desired, add the dump cake to an broiler-safe dish, and heat under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp the top of the cake.
Serve this dump cake recipe warm right out of the oven or slow cooker. Top it with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream. SO good!
Want more One Pot / One Pan Recipes?
Is there anything better than one pot / one pan recipes? It makes preparation and clean up so much easier and faster! Therefore, I have lots of one pot / one pan recipes, and I’m always adding more!
You might also like my Sheet Pan Pineapple Chicken Fajitas! Dinner and Dessert in one pan!
BE SURE TO SAVE THIS Cherry Cheesecake Dump CAke RECIPE FOR LATER ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM, OR PINTEREST OR YOUR OTHER FAVORITE SOCIAL MEDIA SITE! I WOULD BE SO APPRECIATIVE IF YOU WOULD RATE THE RECIPE IF YOU LOVE IT AS MUCH AS I DO. THis helps me Spread the word, and it helps keep this website going. THANK YOU FOR READING!
Cherry Cheesecake Dump Cake
- 15.25 oz Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix (1 box)
- 42 oz Cherry Pie Filling (2 cans 21 oz each)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Butter, melted (1 stick)
- Spray the inside of a slow cooker or 9″ x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add the cherry pie filling to the bottom of the slow cooker or baking dish. Spread pie filling into an even layer.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1/2 inch pieces, and evenly distribute the cream cheese on top of the pie filling.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine melted butter and cake mix until crumbly (about the size of a pea or smaller).
- Evenly distribute cake mix on top of the cream cheese and pie filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake prepared dump cake for 35-40 minutes, or until sides are hot and bubbly.
Slow Cooker Instructions
- To absorb excess moisture, place a clean kitchen towel underneath the slow cooker lid.
- Cook prepared dump cake on HIGH for 2 hours, or LOW for 4 hours.
- If desired, add the dump cake to an broiler-safe dish, and heat under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp the top of the cake.