I haven’t met any one who doesn’t like ranch dressing. So, what could be better than adding a few Mexican ingredients to elevate the already beloved dressing?
If you love original ranch dressing, you will love this Mexican Ranch Dressing! The taste is somewhere in between Cafe Rio‘s creamy tomatillo dressing and Taco Time‘s house ranch dressings. I’d say it’s closer to the taste of Taco Time’s ranch dressing since it is made without tomatillos which makes this even easier to make!
This recipe is adapted from Dash of Sanity‘s recipe for Taco Ranch Dressing. Sandra has a beautiful blog with so many other delicious recipes! Check her blog out for other delicious desserts and meal ideas!
Mexican Ranch Dressing Ingredients
If you’ve ever wanted to make your own homemade dressings and felt intimidated, this recipe is a great one to start with. All the ingredients are added to a blender and blended together until well incorporated.
Prepared Mexican Ranch Dressing will last for about a week in the fridge.
Start with sour cream, mayonnaise, cilantro, jalapeno, taco seasoning, ranch dressing mix, and 1/2 cup of milk. I prefer a thicker dressing, but if desired, add additional 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk until desired consistency is reached. Finally, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Using prepacked taco seasoning and ranch dressing mixes makes this dressing even easier to prepare. Although, making your own taco seasoning and ranch seasoning are very easy to prepare too! Making your own is often less expensive than buying, and you know what ingredients went into them. I like to make my own seasoning so I always have them on hand.
If you are really ambitious, you can make your own mayonnaise at home too! I’ve been making homemade mayonnaise for a few weeks, and it so easy and delicious.
What to serve with Mexican Ranch Dressing?
There are so many delicious ideas to serve this Mexican Ranch Dressing with:
- Dunk your copycat Taco Time Crisp Bean Burritos into this smooth dressing. The dressing really elevates the flavor.
- Squeeze this delicious dressing over a big bowl of pork rinds or chicharrones for a flavorful low-carb snack. Walmart carries two brands of pork rinds I like: Baken-ets or Mac’s.
- Use as a dip for your veggies on a crudités platter for your next party.
- Dress your salads with this dressing. It is especially delicious on a Cafe Rio style salad with sweet pulled pork.
- Use as a dipping sauce for chicken nuggets or chicken wings.
The possibilities are endless! If you are like me, you will keep finding ways to use this dressing because it tastes SO good, and it’s so quick and easy to make.
Connect with Me!
I LOVE reading your comments and seeing your interpretations of the recipes I share! If you make this recipe, send me a picture on Instagram, or leave me a comment below! I would be so appreciative if you would rate the recipe if you love it as much as I do.
Be sure to save this link or image for later on Pinterest or your other favorite social media site!
Mexican Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 3/4 cup Mayo
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 2 oz Jalapeno, diced (1/2 4 oz Can)
- 1 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 3 tbsp Ranch Dressing Seasoning (or 1 packet)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender, and blend until well combined. If needed, add additional 1/4 to 1/2 cup milk and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add dressing to squeeze bottle or mason jar, and store in fridge until ready to use.